Tuesday, October 18, 2011

more candy wrappers

I loved my little Rudolph candy bar wrapper so much, that I decided to make a few more varieties.  You can see the Rudolph tutorial here:http://bethrush-bethspapercuts.blogspot.com/2011/10/Rudolph.html   I used my paper punches to make the pieces.  The snowman is just circles, the square punch, and the tip of the pennant punch, so I wont bother to show step by step for him.  The Santa is a little harder to see what its made of, so I decided to show the steps to make him.  I started by wrapping the candy bar in Cherry Cobbler Designer Series Paper.
The dimensions of this are 3 by 8, but that works only for this type of candy bar, you will have to measure your own for this step.  I used Sticky Strip to glue it together, and on the ends to keep them closed, too.  Next I punched out all my shapes.  The beard is made from the Ornament punch, the mustache from the Bird Builder Punch.  The face is made up of an oval in Blushing Bride, as well as a a Blushing Bride circle and two Basic Black eyes.  The hat is made with a scallop oval in white, a large oval in Cherry Cobbler, and another white poof ball made from the Boho Blossom punch.  
Put all the pieces together and you have a very cute Santa face.  The tag was made from the Punch Pals stamp set, as well as the two different tag punches, layered on top of each other.  I used the Cherry Cobbler bakers twine to tie the tag onto the candy bar.  One of the great things about Stampin' Up is that all of the products work together to make quick, easy, and very cute projects!













Stampin' Up Punches are my some of my favorite things!  Love them all!  If you don't have the punches needed to make these projects, click on my shop now button and pick some up today!

9 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea for dressing up a candy bar! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your treat packaging and thanks for sharing how you created them with the punch art! Love your punch storage! I have the same storage and hadn't thought of hanging my scissors that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darling candy bar wrappers! My SIL/downline is a punch queen and she's just going to love these little guys, too, when I forward the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - these are all so stinkin' cute, but that Santa just takes the cake! You are a punch art master! Thanks for joining us again at SUO Challenges (and cangrats for being one of the winners this week)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are really cute, how creative! Thanks for sharing your step by step santa face too! I've made santa's before with the ornament punch but never ever thought of using the scalloped oval punch!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all! The reindeer with the owl, the Santa with all the details, the cute and easy snowman...each is more creative than the next! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toooo cute - thanks for sharing the how to for the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually wanted to make a simple comment in order to appreciate you for some of the splendid facts you are showing at this site. My time-consuming internet lookup has at the end of the day been rewarded with beneficial details to talk about with my partners. I 'd admit that we website visitors are undeniably blessed to live in a very good site with so many special people with beneficial concepts. I feel quite lucky to have discovered your entire web page and look forward to tons of more fun moments reading here. Thanks a lot again for all the details.
    Sassy Seat Doorway Jumper, 3 Toys

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!